Monday, July 16, 2007

23.07.07 Animal Magic, Cheesecakes and Charity Update

In no particular order, here are some photos from South Africa.

This is yours truly on my fave horse, Trigger, with Mama and junior giraffe (last year's baby) in the background.


On the left we have a porcupine who comes to vist the "food pit" (where the leftovers go every night) most evenings .










Above left is the "SKELK" a contraption made by a few of us for using with the horses in the lunge ring and arena, called SKELK after the initials of those of us who made it. Above right is Kate and Spanner - its true love.






A lilac breasted roller, on a long zoom so not v clear, but gorgeous birds.




An unusual pic of the porcupine at the food pit with a civet in the back ground . The porcupines are so much bigger than I thought they would be and the civet is cute.











This is the baby giraffe, only hours old.
Sorry its sideways. I still don't know how to fix this. This was my first cheesecake. It didn't last long.






This is mama and baby on Day 3. How cute!!!!
















Kate and Spanner on an early morning walk in the river bed.








Some nice leaves in the river bed - I know its a bit arty farty, but I got a big trigger happy with the camera for a while.
















A pic from out in the farm. Its really dry as its winter, although there were a couple of rain storms so there are green shoots coming up.




Update re the charity is that the admin is underway but it will take a while to get sorted. I'm going to head back to Mozambique in September so will be able to give you an update on what is happening with the children when I get there, but if there are any immediate needs then I will use the funds already donated/raised in the interim. Thanks again for all your interest and support, especially to the wonderful Ms Howden who is taking things forward for me at home. I need at least 3 trustees, and the suggestion is (shock horror) that they are not all lawyers. Helen and I clearly suffer from that affliction, so if there are any non lawyers out there who are interested in being a charity trustee then can you let me know. Accounting/commercial/charity experience especially welcome but enthusiasm and interest are more important.
This time next week I'll be heading for the airport having posted home a parcel with my big rain jacket, dirty torn jodhs, and a few other delightful items that I won't be needing again, on my way to 5 * luxury in Cape Town for a few nights. Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to it! I probably won't get online next Monday but I'll be in touch from Cape Town during the week. After that things are likely to be a bit irregular while I'm touring in August. On my way back to Vilanculos I'm going to stay again in the hotel with free internet, just so I can spend some hours catching up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynne,
It's Kirsty from AP.
Only just found your blog, but it has been great to read what you have been up to since leaving AP in May. (you have some beautiful photos of the leos by the way).
Glad to hear that you are still enjoying African life. What you are doing is amazing, and I wish I was still out there.
Anyways take care and keep in touch.
xxx